Should I? Bridal Session
A bridal session has become an amazing phenomenon in the wedding photography world. It’s a chance for brides – & usually the grooms as well – to doll themselves back up in their gorgeous wedding attire & spend an entire photo shoot focused on just them! What a great opportunity to take some extra time to slow down those formals & get those awesome editorial images everyone’s looking for?! Here’s a few of the top reasons of why you should consider scheduling a bridal session after your wedding.
1) Another chance to wear that really expensive beautiful wedding dress! Who wants to only wear the most beautiful dress one time – seriously?!
2) Relaxation – bridal sessions are also a time where everything is about you! No stress to get to the ceremony, no worries about late guests or missing family members, no frustration with schedule mishaps or details not coming together. Bridal sessions are all about you and enjoying an afternoon to be pampered and happy.
3) MORE beautiful images! – Bridal sessions allow the photographer more time to capture your true beauty in your wedding gown. Typically, on the wedding day, unless everything is running on schedule and then some and your built-in extra time, the photographer only has about 30 minutes to 1 hour to get all the bridal party shots, bride/groom shots and family with bride/groom. That may sound like a lot of time, but not on the wedding day when any little thing can disrupt the schedule and throw everything off.
4) I love it when my brides do their bridal session before their wedding day. Why do I love it? I love it because my brides get to try their dress on and practice moving around in it, posing in it, and getting comfortable in it. It’s great practice! It’s also a great time for brides to do their hair and make-up trial run so that they they have a flawless look for their bridal portraits and they know what their hair and make-up will look like on their wedding day. And finally, pre-wedding sessions are great because brides get more excited about their upcoming wedding day! Wearing the dress, their veil, walking around… it all starts to become more real. That “Oh my goodness, I’m getting married!” feeling often hits brides at their pre wedding bridal session. I love it!
5) Bridal portraits are all about YOU! Whether you want traditional elegant shots or a more non-traditional, personal feel to your bridal portraits, these sessions are all about you (& sometimes the groom as well) and showcasing you in all your bridal beauty. Bridal portraits really allow the bride to have her moment. The day is completely, 100% about you. So, feel beautiful. Be a model for a day. Bask in the fun and excitement of being a bride. Plus, you will get some fabulous shots.